Parabot - Bot for Ikov, DreamScape, SoulPlay, RuneWild, and more
JKetelaar

Ikov and Parabot

Dear Members of Parabot,

This will relatively be a long post, if you want a TL;DR, read the end of this post.

You might have seen all the latest updates of Parabot to have a secure client for Ikov.
Today changes will be made into those actions.

Ikov has been putting the most sketchy stuff in their client since I've started Parabot - and believe me, I've seen weird things...
All these actions of Ikov have been blocked by us, making Ikov a safe client to use.

Yes you heard that correctly, we're adjusting Parabot to make Ikov safe.
Not safe to bot, but safe to use in general...
In the past few months, Ikov has been putting stuff like screenshot functionalities, clipboard copy and loading (basically viruses) jars within their client from out of their cache or any other method.

Parabot is now basically adjusting their client to provide users a safe way to use Ikov.
All those past updates took so much time, we had to limit our own personal lives and put more time into these issues.

To make it more clear, this is the process we had to do:

1. De-obfuscate the whole Ikov client
  2. Gather all locations Ikov reads and writes to and keep track of them
  3. Go to every class and their work-process to find all the sketchy stuff
  4. Either get rid of the sketchy stuff or add it to our own sandbox system
  5. Test the new system
  6. Deploy and publish the new client with adjustments

As you might see, this takes an insane amount of time for us to do, whereas we basically don't have this time...

So what is gonna happen?
As Parabot is a client to provide the ability to bot on servers and not a client to block things like viruses from servers, we decided to focus on the botting ability and not the safety of a certain server. 

Ikov seems to be botting-worth server due their amount of players, but after some research we figured that out of their 502 online players (as of 18 oct. 14:45), 338 players are basically botters.
A basic calculation will result into "502 - 338 = 164 legit Ikov players".

TL;DR Starts here
Parabot will be focussing on new upcoming servers and more functionality in the client itself.
This doesn't mean that Ikov will be removed from our list of servers, but we will only push out updates for new client and not focus on their banning method. We do not focus on their method anymore, as we keep finding other "sketchy" things, we then also have to block.

New servers will come out as Parabot moves on in the following weeks, whereas we take a good look at the suggestions of our users and the popular (fake, vote-botted) site RuneLocus.

What else is going behind the scenes of Parabot?
- Parabot is currently focussing on more abilities within the API, this will include a new BDN (V3), whereas the base can also be found on GitHub (this is still in the Slim Framework, will be ported to Symfony ASAP).

- We're also working on a new two-factor authentication system that will work smoother than ever and is also bonded within the community website.

- The rollout of our Maven system is going very smooth and better than we expected. Unfortunately not all script writers are using this yet, which causes that some scripts on the BDN are not visible in the script selector. Please ask them to port their script to Maven instead of having them blaming Parabot.

- To provide a better local working place, we're also introducing a new system to run local servers. This makes it so easy that you just have to place a hook file, a settings file and the server jar into your local environment and you're good to go!

- Our GitHub was always a bit messy, we never had multiple branches and we didn't push out a lot of updates to our GitHub. This changes as of today, we're now focussing on a better overview of our repositories and making it easier for others to read the source of Parabot. A part of this change is the commit guidelines for Parabot, which can be found in the tutorials section of the development section within this forums.

- A new beautiful, new user interface for Parabot, together with Fryslan.

That's basically it, Parabot is still going as you can see - but due the lack of time we had with Ikov, updates seemed to be slowly. These changes should create a difference in that.

Feel free to ask anything or provide suggestions.

Sincerely,
The Parabot team

Edited by JKetelaar

Curious about this

Ikov seems to be botting-worth server due their amount of players, but after some research we figured that out of their 502 online players (as of 18 oct. 14:45), 338 players are basically botters.

That's a lot of botters, what assumptions can lead  you to that assuming that the bot apparently bans people. 

Ikov is shit regardless. 

Amazing work as always Jeroen. Looking forward to see what you guys do! 

Quiet disturbing really to hear what ikov's been up to, they're really breaking the rules, legally and morally, I've never liked ikov and hearing all this stuff they've  been up to just makes me dislike it even more.

good move my friend i was waiting for this to be honest, thanks a lot for your hard work guys and keep goin.

ah oke thanks for the update :)

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the understanding!

Curious about this

That's a lot of botters, what assumptions can lead  you to that assuming that the bot apparently bans people. 

Ikov is shit regardless. 

It's based on earlier factors and of reports from certain (trusted) members from this forums.

Nice work, so you are going to add new servers? if yes which ones? You can like make a poll, so the community can decide, cause if the server is bad, and people don't like it you could have wasted some time.

My suggestions (if you are adding new servers)

1. Grinderscape since the playerbase is huge, 300 LEGIT players.

2.Runique, after ikov took them down, they made another server- Runiqueps.com

3.Near-Reality (50-50) the playerbase is good, 200-250 players but they apparently have a rat in their client.

Anyways, good work, i understand why you made that decision that you were spending lots of time with ikov. IRL>IKOV

Lmao you are so fucking stupid, there are 0 botters on ikov because theres a 100% ban rate.

Show code of copying the clipboard, because im sure you are confused with where they paste your own screenshots to your clipboard.

Being able to create hotfixes is not the same as uploading virusses rofl jezus you are so paranoid.

This entire thing is basically saying you can't find out their detection and blame it on them lel.

Lmao you are so fucking stupid, there are 0 botters on ikov because theres a 100% ban rate.

Show code of copying the clipboard, because im sure you are confused with where they paste your own screenshots to your clipboard.

Being able to create hotfixes is not the same as uploading virusses rofl jezus you are so paranoid.

This entire thing is basically saying you can't find out their detection and blame it on them lel.

Well hello staff Member of Ikov?

So we are simply gonna stop caring about Ikov? Is there any actual rsps worth it?

Try Pkhonor, This server's definately growing more people are joining, theres been some  popular new updates  that have seen quiet alot of players who left for ikov come back, the player counts going up every day, its also moving up the rankings on the voting websites quiet nicely too, the team at pkhonor have started working very hard to win back players and i belive that pk honor will soon be one of the top 2-3 servers to play

I gotta say ikov is still #1 selling gold currently 1B goes for a good 2$ if u well known seller. if u have a site even higher... So if i may suggest u could add ikov but add in a warning so people who bot with a vps they have no risk (goldfarmers) and people who bot to boost thier acc they just dont use it untill its proven save be @JKetelaar ? just a suggestion! i know all goldfarmers would love this including me and many people i speak with on skype. Also when ikov isnt 100% safe make the server Sponsor + or donor +  cause if you have a goldfarm 50$ is nothing to get it up & running! (agian just a suggestion)

-Sysm

Edited by Sysm

More like they do some really god damn sketchy ass shit, and we don't want to deal with it. All of us developers have shit we're doing IRL and we're getting fed up with users who leach off of this site bitching about how we don't update the client the moment they release an update. Or if we do right away, said users start to bitch about getting banned.

Oh, and by the way. I alone have 23 accounts logged in right now, and I've only had around 3 accounts banned this week. So...

More like they do some really god damn sketchy ass shit, and we don't want to deal with it. All of us developers have shit we're doing IRL and we're getting fed up with users who leach off of this site bitching about how we don't update the client the moment they release an update. Or if we do right away, said users start to bitch about getting banned.

Oh, and by the way. I alone have 23 accounts logged in right now, and I've only had around 3 accounts banned this week. So...

so tru lol I agree p bot should be for donor plus or just make bitching/complaining banable or better yet mutable :PPP

Dear Members of Parabot,

This will relatively be a long post, if you want a TL;DR, read the end of this post.

You might have seen all the latest updates of Parabot to have a secure client for Ikov.
Today changes will be made into those actions.

Ikov has been putting the most sketchy stuff in their client since I've started Parabot - and believe me, I've seen weird things...
All these actions of Ikov have been blocked by us, making Ikov a safe client to use.

Yes you heard that correctly, we're adjusting Parabot to make Ikov safe.
Not safe to bot, but safe to use in general...
In the past few months, Ikov has been putting stuff like screenshot functionalities, clipboard copy and loading (basically viruses) jars within their client from out of their cache or any other method.

Parabot is now basically adjusting their client to provide users a safe way to use Ikov.
All those past updates took so much time, we had to limit our own personal lives and put more time into these issues.

To make it more clear, this is the process we had to do:

1. De-obfuscate the whole Ikov client
  2. Gather all locations Ikov reads and writes to and keep track of them
  3. Go to every class and their work-process to find all the sketchy stuff
  4. Either get rid of the sketchy stuff or add it to our own sandbox system
  5. Test the new system
  6. Deploy and publish the new client with adjustments

As you might see, this takes an insane amount of time for us to do, whereas we basically don't have this time...

So what is gonna happen?
As Parabot is a client to provide the ability to bot on servers and not a client to block things like viruses from servers, we decided to focus on the botting ability and not the safety of a certain server. 

A basic calculation will result into "502 - 338 = 164 legit Ikov players".

TL;DR Starts here
Parabot will be focussing on new upcoming servers and more functionality in the client itself.
This doesn't mean that Ikov will be removed from our list of servers, but we will only push out updates for new client and not focus on their banning method. We do not focus on their method anymore, as we keep finding other "sketchy" things, we then also have to block.

New servers will come out as Parabot moves on in the following weeks, whereas we take a good look at the suggestions of our users and the popular (fake, vote-botted) site RuneLocus.

What else is going behind the scenes of Parabot?
- Parabot is currently focussing on more abilities within the API, this will include a new BDN (V3), whereas the base can also be found on GitHub (this is still in the Slim Framework, will be ported to Symfony ASAP).

- We're also working on a new two-factor authentication system that will work smoother than ever and is also bonded within the community website.

- The rollout of our Maven system is going very smooth and better than we expected. Unfortunately not all script writers are using this yet, which causes that some scripts on the BDN are not visible in the script selector. Please ask them to port their script to Maven instead of having them blaming Parabot.

- To provide a better local working place, we're also introducing a new system to run local servers. This makes it so easy that you just have to place a hook file, a settings file and the server jar into your local environment and you're good to go!

- Our GitHub was always a bit messy, we never had multiple branches and we didn't push out a lot of updates to our GitHub. This changes as of today, we're now focussing on a better overview of our repositories and making it easier for others to read the source of Parabot. A part of this change is the commit guidelines for Parabot, which can be found in the tutorials section of the development section within this forums.

- A new beautiful, new user interface for Parabot, together with Fryslan.

That's basically it, Parabot is still going as you can see - but due the lack of time we had with Ikov, updates seemed to be slowly. These changes should create a difference in that.

Feel free to ask anything or provide suggestions.

Sincerely,
The Parabot team

I say make a rs3/osrs  bot client I mean more money and more bosses - more smiles :P

so tru lol I agree p bot should be for donor plus or just make bitching/complaining banable or better yet mutable :PPP

I say make a rs3/osrs  bot client I mean more money and more bosses - more smiles :P

Everything you post relates to:

Scripts Not Working

Donator

Sponsor

Oldschool

Ikov

Quit the crap man. You paid to support the bot, not to pay Jketelaar. 

Osrs wont come into parabot, cuz hes botting on his own purpose.