Parabot - Bot for Ikov, DreamScape, SoulPlay, RuneWild, and more
Jimt

Anti-Ban Bot

Attention developers and scripters, @Lord @EmmaStone @Wishy @JKetelaar @Milette. Im proposing an update to parabot that automatically prevents all its users from any chance of being banned. The only way staff members in private servers can detect bots, is by sending a staff member to the player in question, and talking to them to see if they reply. Dreamscape staff members have encountered me multiple times while im running @Lord's killing script, and since PVM botting isnt allowed, i would have gotten banned if i didnt reply to them. Therefore, my idea is to add a feature to Parabot that will automatically log you out for 5 minutes or so, if any staff members, of any rank are detected within a certain amount of pixels from the player. Thus preventing any potential bans to parabot users, who are the bread and butter of the community. This cant be script. It would have to be a feature included in the Parabot client so that other scripts could run, but the main idea is to make a feature that logs the user out if a staff member gets near them. Please let me know what you think about the possibility of this and thank you so much for your consideration!

This issue I see using this sort of method isthey have to type you name to teleport to you and if you insta log out when they are there they will just wait for you to relog try a gain and iff logged out again they will ban

I see what you mean, they probably would just try again when they see you log back on. But even then, if you get logged out automatically, its still less likely for them to ban you, and more likely for you to notice. Whereas if you didnt reply or log out right when they appear, they will ban you immediately.  They might be suspicious momentarily, but it happened to me the other day. I logged out when the staff teleported to me and when i got back on, i just told them my computer died so i lost connection. They didnt think anything of it. I feel like they have more important things to do like try to rake in more money to the server. So i still strongly feel that a feature like this would significantly benefit parabot users and potentially (not certaintly) prevent bans. 

Thing is, they are "secretly" on this forum so even if it was a valid strategy (which it isn't because it has been tested) it's not anymore 😛 

1 hour ago, Jimt said:

I feel like they have more important things to do like try to rake in more money to the server.

Don't underestimate them, haha.

If a feature that logs you out is a bad idea, then if you could design a feature to parabot that types customized replies when someone says your username near you, that would be ideal. Thus, you wont need to log out, because it will auto reply and staff should ideally disperse after the first few replies. What do you think @Lord @EmmaStone

I know Dreambot offered a fishing script, with an anti-ban feature that allowed you to type in custom texts into the GUI so that the bot would say them if someone got close. Is that something you can potentially add?

i'd say atleast to disable the feature that log you in directly back if you d/c .

most of the time , u get a warning before getting ban  ( a kick ) . If the bot relogs , you get banned.

Is that something possible ? or atleast creating an option that you can opt out or in , of that  feature. 

Edited by TrueSharp

1 hour ago, TrueSharp said:

i'd say atleast to disable to feature that log you in directly back if you d/c .

most of the time , u get a warning before getting ban  ( a kick ) . If the bot relog just right after , you get banned.

Is that somehting possible ? or atleast creating a option that you can opt out or in of that  feature. 

what feature are you asking for? Your wording was very confusing.

13 hours ago, TrueSharp said:

i'd say atleast to disable to feature that log you in directly back if you d/c .

most of the time , u get a warning before getting ban  ( a kick ) . If the bot relog just right after , you get banned.

Is that somehting possible ? or atleast creating a option that you can opt out or in of that  feature. 

I understood it I think he means that our scripts will log you back in right after any disconnection I think he wants this disabled? 

12 hours ago, Jimt said:

what feature are you asking for? Your wording was very confusing.

Like mentioned before Dreamscape heavily monitor this forum so explaining you lessen the effectiveness slightly. I do know that they are the proud owners of all my scripts though so they will see it no matter what we try and do 

5 hours ago, Lord said:

I understood it I think he means that our scripts will log you back in right after any disconnection I think he wants this disabled? 

Like mentioned before Dreamscape heavily monitor this forum so explaining you lessen the effectiveness slightly. I do know that they are the proud owners of all my scripts though so they will see it no matter what we try and do 

Yeh that's what i mean 

Edited by TrueSharp

What about a feature that generates a warning that pops up when staff is nearby, and makes a ringing or alarm-like sound from parabot, notifying you of their presence. @Lord @EmmaStone. Therefore, the sound notification only goes to the users computer, and the staff wouldnt be aware of it. If the user doesnt do anything at that point, theres nothing you can do, but if you can add a sound alarm feature that goes off when staff is close by, that would be extremely helpful to all of parabots users. @Milette @JKetelaar @Wishy

Im still strongly curious about the feature that generates a warning that pops up when staff is nearby, and makes a ringing or alarm-like sound from parabot, notifying you of their presence. @Lord @EmmaStone. Therefore, the sound notification only goes to the users computer, and the staff wouldnt be aware of it. If the user doesnt do anything at that point, theres nothing you can do, but if you can add a sound alarm feature that goes off when staff is close by, that would be extremely helpful to all of parabots users. @Milette @JKetelaar @Wishy

Please let me know about the possibility of implementing this into parabot. Thank you

@Lord @EmmaStone @Milette  @JKetelaar @oauth I was just checking back to see if the alarm feature when staff memebers are detected could be added to parabot. Or a feature that stops your bot immediately when staff is detected. Since we ruled out the auto log out system, if you design parabot to stop any running script if staff is detected, that could potentially prevent bans. Please let me know what you think about it.