Parabot - Bot for Ikov, DreamScape, SoulPlay, RuneWild, and more
Sign in to follow this  
smirt

dreamscape needs update

just go to the parabot cache and copy the name of the client jar inside the parabot cache then delete it and then go to ds cache and paste the name you copied in the name of the updated ds client, then move said client to the parabot cache and run it like normal.

@Ocean When i drag the files form the client folder of the ds_cache, into the parabot folder labeled "416633253" and then start parabot, an error message occurs during loading. It says: "downloading: com/dreamscape/d/t.class . Please help resolve this. Because parabot still does not work with dreamscape. 

works for me. The issue for me was that if you open parabot AFTER you copy+paste the initialization of the program automatically purges the copy+pasted version. What you end up with is a client that still needs update. Open parabot, then copy+paste after it is open. I dont have to log on even to do it, I just have to open parabot AT ALL. The purge happens on startup is why.

Start parabot, it will purge the old 416633253.cooties file, then paste the version from your ds.cache file in the parabot cache folder, after which logging on is possible, at least for me.

@ocean @poonstank i tried both of your techniques and i still get the same error during the loading screen "downloading: com/dreamscape/d/t.class". Please help me resolve this.

Disclaimer: the dreamscape was just updated to 2.7, parabots wont work till someone hooks it I think.

1.  Open .ds_cache folder found under c/users/yourname/.ds_cache 
  2.  Open the cache and find the file name of the client for ds it like 416633235.jar or something like that.
  3.  Copy that and me personally I save a copy on my desktop for when I need to do this the 10 times a day I do. Its just easier for me.
  4.  Once it is copied you find the parabot cache folder which is under documents/parabot/cache (just locate the folder no need to open yet)
  5.  Before you do anything else open the parabot client. Start your client. I just open Client-2.8.1.jar from the parabot folder.
  6.  If you have your command prompt working on there then you will see upon startup in the cmd prompt that parabot has deleted the erroneous file if you copy/pasted prematurely
  7.  After it is deleted and the client is open, then it is safe to take the copied 416633235.jar from the dscache and paste it in to the parabot cache.
  8.  After copying the 416-.jar to the parabot cache then you can log in to parabot and then select DS and it should open fine.

Like I said though, it may not work for you this way because of a class error of some variety. I am not equipped to speak past getting the cmd prompt to work or fixing the version issue with copy/paste.

After parabot is updated to match the new version, this tactic should work just fine.

@poonstank when i go to my .ds_cache folder i cant find any 416633235.jar inside that folder. I can only find that 426633235.jar in my parabot cache folder. There are similar kinds of files in the DS client But when i drag the files from the DS client, into the 426633235.jar of the parabot cache, it still does not work. Where do you find the 426633235.jar in the .ds_cache folder. 

yeah okay I just realized my mistake the idea here is that I had already renamed and copied my file elsewhere so its always 416 for me

for you it will appear as client.jar

you must copy client.jar and paste it in the parabot cache, but you have to rename it to 416633235 first. So the client.jar, name it 416633235 and then try all the steps again.

for the amendment here: 

Copy the name of the 416 file from the PARABOT cache first, then copy the client.jar from ds cache, then move it to the parabot cache, AND rename it. It has to share the name of the file that wes previously there or parabot will be like wtf bro.

Don't forget, we are all waiting for someone to hook the new client, so it wont even work with these steps until after it is updated by someone on parabot's team.

Edited by poonstank

Ayyyy sorry for the confusion to start. This type of stuff is not easy without a background in exactly that, coding/programming or other fairly complicated tasks. Computers are not very forgiving, so all it takes is like... an erroneous space (not sure how java reacts to blank space, other languages wont tolerate improper white space) or one capital letters difference to break everything.

Good luck on your parabotting experience. Btw there are resources on here that can help you run your parabot client locally, which allows you open parabot and have the command prompt in the background. With that you have so much more access to debugging options. So for instance NPC ID's, or Entity ID's, Raw action data etc.

It is another slightly tricky thing for the uninitiated (not implying I am initiated to any degree) 
but its worth doing. I will find a link or explain it myself if you'd like.