Parabot - Bot for Ikov, DreamScape, SoulPlay, RuneWild, and more
poonstank

my client and the devrun batch file to display cmd for debug

Question

Ive been reading around the forums and have done this before with success in the past. I am moved now and am starting again, so I need to reinstall. However, when I go to run my batch file, an old version of DreamScape appears. 

I had recently followed instructions on the forums about making sure I have my client moved and renamed in the parabot folder, to ensure the proper version initialized. It worked BEFORE I tried the batch file instructions. 

In order what I did was:

Move my client to the parabot cache, renamed to match the prior name. Deleted old version. It worked for playing without cmd. Now I wanted cmd for debugging.
What I did next was follow the batch file directions for making the devrun.bat. I typed in multiple things and none of them work. The old version of dreamscape is always put back in the parabot cache and the new version is removed.

I can now run the parabot client through CMD but the old version initializes.

I tried changing the name of the .jar in the CMD file but all it did was make it so parabot wont boot, but the old version of DreamScape does, but then I have no options for debugging because im no longer in parabot. 

Here are the two batch files arrangements:

Title Devrun

java -jar Client-2.8.1.jar -loadlocal -verbose

pause

this one worked and booted parabot, but wrong version of DS.

Title Devrun

java -jar Client.jar (from my ds cache) OR 416633235.jar (from my parabot cache) -loadlocal -verbose

pause

now I cannot figure what I am doing wrong I have followed 3-4 devrun guides ive found on here and these were my results I can add screenshots later but there is not much to look at.

There are 3 files in my parabot cache and the main one was changed to my DS client file, and renamed to the old client's name. Then I have the devrun.bat file in the folder, but then my actual parabot client on my desktop. I tried putting them both together on the desktop AND in the parabot cache and neither worked. The out of date dreamscape client always replaces my version change.

else I get an exception saying something is wrong.

I have tried every arrangement of files and folders I can think of. Even fresh installed and started from scratch. All fails.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Okay now I am stumped. I reset everything and got to a fresh slate, and now I cant get parabot to work at all for DS. I noticed that my file disappears and is replaced with the old version the moment I load DS in Parabot. 

I cant find the post I have just used to make it playable without CMD now its just not playable at all. Its updated, the server I mean. Not sure what to make of it.

Edited by poonstank
spelling formatting grammar

3 answers to this question

7 hours ago, poonstank said:

Ive been reading around the forums and have done this before with success in the past. I am moved now and am starting again, so I need to reinstall. However, when I go to run my batch file, an old version of DreamScape appears. 

I had recently followed instructions on the forums about making sure I have my client moved and renamed in the parabot folder, to ensure the proper version initialized. It worked BEFORE I tried the batch file instructions. 

In order what I did was:

Move my client to the parabot cache, renamed to match the prior name. Deleted old version. It worked for playing without cmd. Now I wanted cmd for debugging.
What I did next was follow the batch file directions for making the devrun.bat. I typed in multiple things and none of them work. The old version of dreamscape is always put back in the parabot cache and the new version is removed.

I can now run the parabot client through CMD but the old version initializes.

I tried changing the name of the .jar in the CMD file but all it did was make it so parabot wont boot, but the old version of DreamScape does, but then I have no options for debugging because im no longer in parabot. 

Here are the two batch files arrangements:

Title Devrun

java -jar Client-2.8.1.jar -loadlocal -verbose

pause

this one worked and booted parabot, but wrong version of DS.

Title Devrun

java -jar Client.jar (from my ds cache) OR 416633235.jar (from my parabot cache) -loadlocal -verbose

pause

now I cannot figure what I am doing wrong I have followed 3-4 devrun guides ive found on here and these were my results I can add screenshots later but there is not much to look at.

There are 3 files in my parabot cache and the main one was changed to my DS client file, and renamed to the old client's name. Then I have the devrun.bat file in the folder, but then my actual parabot client on my desktop. I tried putting them both together on the desktop AND in the parabot cache and neither worked. The out of date dreamscape client always replaces my version change.

else I get an exception saying something is wrong.

I have tried every arrangement of files and folders I can think of. Even fresh installed and started from scratch. All fails.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Okay now I am stumped. I reset everything and got to a fresh slate, and now I cant get parabot to work at all for DS. I noticed that my file disappears and is replaced with the old version the moment I load DS in Parabot. 

I cant find the post I have just used to make it playable without CMD now its just not playable at all. Its updated, the server I mean. Not sure what to make of it.

client version is handled by parabot, pm @Lord and ask him to update DS

It just worked. I just had done the same steps and the second time I did it, it wont work. The version has not changed. Well, it had changed, but it still worked after the change until I started trying to make the devrun.bat.

Edited by poonstank