Parabot - Bot for Ikov, DreamScape, SoulPlay, RuneWild, and more

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trDna

Behind The Scenes - February 2013

Today marks the day of the "behind-the-scenes" blog.

There have been many advancements since day 1 of ParaBot, and I would like to talk about why we're thinking about getting rid of that legacy code. To anyone who has decompiled the bot client, then you would notice the horrible mess of code that lies there. Don't worry, eventually it will all be cleaned up. 

Not just that, we're planning to do this all in one update (which is soon to come) and nearly every single class will be commented so no user is lost in the code!

I believe in education through self-learning. You should be able to read what's out there and pick up concepts from examples that you replicate yourself. This is why I think everything should be commented (and it's also professional as well).

Future updates will include many benefits for Script Writers, such as the ability to put up premium scripts, more developer tools, such as an entity grabber, and coding on-the-go (more to come soon)!

Cutting-edge software (in Java, of course) will also be introduced into the bot later this year.

That's all I will say about the bot for now.

About RSPS and Bots in General

I'm very new to the RSPS scene (i.e. I haven't played on any RSPS). I couldn't help but notice that these servers are coming up with ways of detecting bots (apparently). I will tell you right now that I'm glad that they are saying this. Why? Because, it will simply boost the reputation of all RSPS bots (they make themselves look bad when bots enter their server, even after saying such things). Secondly, there is no such software/code in those servers. I would be nervous if Jacmob entered the RSPS scene (which will never happen).

If they did come up with such security, the client hackers always have the advantage. Java is such an unprotected language. It can be broken into quite easily (even after decryption of sorts). 

And oh yes, before I wrap this up, feel free to leave topics that you want me to touch on for future "Behind the Scenes" threads.

If you have questions or related to this thread, then feel free to leave it below. I will respond to them!

Bye for now,

~ trDna

Thanks for this, I believe a "Behind the Scenes" of some sort is great for any community.

Just 3 weeks ago I didn't know a single thing about Java. I couldn't even write you a single line or even look at a script and make sense of it.

Glad I am part of this community and I am looking forward to progressing my Java knowledge with you guys.

Nice to see you will be posting what changes are going to be made. I would like to know if you are going to be implementing any features into the client to increase performance even more.

"Well I feel that it is now time to inform you guys that we have recently implemented our new anti-botting system which I have to say has worked AMAZINGLY!"©Mod Albi @Projectrs06

like this guy just did :P

Keep it going whit behind the scenes updates :)

Rewster, on 01 Feb 2013 - 13:04, said:

Nice to see you will be posting what changes are going to be made. I would like to know if you are going to be implementing any features into the client to increase performance even more.

Java has its limitations, but we are definitely doing things to help speed up the client!

jorma, on 01 Feb 2013 - 13:34, said:

"Well I feel that it is now time to inform you guys that we have recently implemented our new anti-botting system which I have to say has worked AMAZINGLY!"©Mod Albi @Projectrs06

like this guy just did :P

It will be defeated if it isnt BS.

Automatic generated message

This topic has been closed.

Reason: Now has a blog (link posted inside).

If you disagree with this action, please report this post and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,

The ParaBot Staff