Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hakuna

[TUT] How to compile scripts using eclipse

jeroenbrink, on 07 Feb 2013 - 19:03, said:

well i did everything correct but when i drag everything in my compiled map the script doenst show up in my script list ?

> You're not running in dev mode.

> The scripts contains errors/is outdated.

> You've done something wrong.

This tutorial does work - so it must be because something is wrong at your PC :/.

Hakuna Matata, on 07 Feb 2013 - 15:19, said:

> You're not running in dev mode.

> The scripts contains errors/is outdated.

> You've done something wrong.

This tutorial does work - so it must be because something is wrong at your PC :/.

Every time I try to open eclipse.exe, I get: "Failed to load the JNI shared library "C:Program Files (x86)Javajdk1.6.0bin..jrebinclientjvm.dll"

Halp please

Hakuna Matata, on 28 Dec 2012 - 11:14, said:

How to compile and add script sources.

Using eclipse.

Why eclipse is better than online compilers or .bat compilers:

• You have all your scripts stored at one place, keeping it neat and simple.
  • Once its set up, the scripts gets compiled automatically!
  • You can see if it contains errors, before you add the script to the bot!
  • You can fix errors really quickly (eclipse helps you fix them)!

Setting up eclipse.

• Download eclipse. It can be found here: eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-java-developers/junosr1
  • Extract and open eclipse. It should now ask for a workspace. Just select your desktop.
  • Once eclipse is opened, go to File --> New --> Java Project. A new window should now open.
  • Give your project a name. It could be example; ParaBot. Click finish.
  • Once you've created a new java project, right click on your project folder and select 'Properties'. (Picture: puu.sh/1GoMc)
  • Go to Java Build Path --> Libaries --> Add External JARs and select your parabot.jar file. The bot client. (Picture: puu.sh/1GoRu). Click OK.
  • Once you've added your bot client, open your project folder, right click on scr and go to New --> Class. (Picture: puu.sh/1GoMc)
  • Name your class whatever you want, eclipse will automatically change the file name, to the right one. Click 'Finish'.
  • Eclipse should now look like this: puu.sh/1GoOO
  • Delete everything and paste the script source. I'll use YewChopper in this guide. (Link: parabot.org/community/index.php?/topic/704-ossedgeville-yew-chopperalpha/).
  • A red dot (an error), should now appear on the right side of the source. It's because our .class file name, doesn't match the script's class name. (Picture: puu.sh/1GoV8)
  • Click on the red dot and hover over the error. There should now be 2 fixes avaliable. Click on the first one. (Picture: puu.sh/1GoWn)
  • The error should be gone now and you can now save the script! Save it.

Adding the script.

• Go to your workspace. If you selected your desktop, there should now be a new folder on your dekstop with the name of your java project. Open it.
  • Inside of it, there should be a bin folder. Open the bin folder and - bam! There's the compiled source files. Move them into /YourAccount/Documents/Parabot/Compiled/ and run parabot!

Thank you for reading my guide.

I hope that you've successfully compiled and imported the script files!

If you have any questions, feel free to post below or PM me.

rep_up.png if you liked the guide.

I do not have the compiled folders and that part is where it confuses me. 

EDIT: I found the compiled folders through the scripts, but what do I exactly put there? the bin folder or the items inside it?

Soarin, on 15 Feb 2013 - 06:33, said:

I do not have the compiled folders and that part is where it confuses me. 

EDIT: I found the compiled folders through the scripts, but what do I exactly put there? the bin folder or the items inside it?

You put them in the compiled folder.

Zubei, on 11 Feb 2013 - 01:09, said:

Every time I try to open eclipse.exe, I get: "Failed to load the JNI shared library "C:Program Files (x86)Javajdk1.6.0bin..jrebinclientjvm.dll"

Halp please

Re-download eclipse.

Do you think you could help me? I got through all the steps up to the very last one where you have to move your compiled source files into the parabot file. I have my compiled sources:

2iqcxu9.png

But this is whats in my Parabot file, I'm not sure exactly what to do:

keet8m.png